Error after upgrading - Password Max cannot be started

User community discussion group for Passwords Max

Error after upgrading - Password Max cannot be started

Postby epeet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 am

Hi Vince,

I have upgraded one of my PC's to the newest version of Password Max. During the installation, the migration of the data bases took quite a long time (process was not responding for a long time). When I now start Password Max, i get an error message and the application will not start.

Following message is being displayed: "File PP_DATA\!Pwd could not be opened. Error: Invalid Record Declaration [47]. Press OK to end this application.

This error currently leaves Passwors Max inaccessible on this machine. Uninstall and subsequent re-install did not solve the issue. I assume the data base has been corrupted along the installtion process.

Could you provide some support on this matter?

Regards,

Edgar Peet
epeet
New user

Re: Error after upgrading - Password Max cannot be started

Postby epeet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 am

I have tried to completely delete the application and re-install. This has had no result, error message remains there. This leaves Password Max useless on one of my machines. I would really like some support on this issue as it forces me to look to alternatives for Password Max...
epeet
New user

Postby epeet » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 am

I have checked the following thread: http://www.passwordsmax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17#p29 but no success either. I'm currently on release 5.84. Is there a similar upgrade patch for the database for that release so that I can repair my password max data base. Issue is now open for several month and is really getting annoying.
epeet
New user

Postby epeet » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:13 am

After installing the latest version of Password Max (release .89) I get an expection error and password max does not start up. I have saved the Exception Log File and can provide that document when needed.

PLease contact me how to hand over that log file.

In the meantime, I have been able to re-install release .87 and can continue working.
epeet
New user

Return to Passwords Max