Product Suggestions - Groups Edition / Web Module

User community discussion group for Passwords Max

Product Suggestions - Groups Edition / Web Module

Postby AuthorDirect » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Please post your suggestions for enhancements here.

Thanks!
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Postby Braun » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 pm

I love passwords max, great product.
Braun
New user

Global search

Postby artnking » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:46 am

We are long-time users of the Groups Edition. The more records we put in, the more we miss one critical feature - global search.

We have over 250 records, and sometimes it is hard to remember the name or the category. We often use the kludge of exporting the password max databsae to an Excel spreadsheet and doing the global search there.

What Password Max needs is a global search that would list all the records containing the search term - wherever they were found - in the Notes, or in a name, password, or any other field.

Thanx!
artnking
New user

Postby AuthorDirect » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:29 pm

The \"Text\" box on the panel view does this for the primary fields, but does not include Notes. We should expand this.
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Re: Global search

Postby artnking » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 am

artnking wrote:We are long-time users of the Groups Edition. The more records we put in, the more we miss one critical feature - global search.

We have over 250 records, and sometimes it is hard to remember the name or the category. We often use the kludge of exporting the password max databsae to an Excel spreadsheet and doing the global search there.

What Password Max needs is a global search that would list all the records containing the search term - wherever they were found - in the Notes, or in a name, password, or any other field.

Thanx!

Version 5.5.2 is a big improvement in global search. Thank you! I still don't see any search option for "search all fields". As far as I can tell you still have to search each field separately.
A "search all" would sure be nice.
After all, if I already know what field something is in, I can probably find it by simply sorting and looking for it alphabetically. Many times I don't know if the keyword I'm looking for is in the description, or the Notes, or somewhere else.
artnking
New user

Postby AuthorDirect » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 pm

The default \"in Text\" all of the other fields except for Notes in build 5515. For builds 5516 and later, Notes are included.

Which other fields would you like to see added?
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Re:

Postby artnking » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am

Vince Sorensen wrote:The default "in Text" all of the other fields except for Notes in build 5515. For builds 5516 and later, Notes are included.

Which other fields would you like to see added?

Looks good! I just installed and verified that this works with build 5516. Thank you!

Nit-picky suggestions for search:
- The search box should be accessible in any of the views. Right now you have to be in the "Task View" in order to use it.

- When you enter a search string, there is no "search" button. The only way I can figure out to make the search actually run is to click the pull-down menu for the search fields. This is not very intuitive.

- The global search should have a more descriptive name than "in Text".
artnking
New user

Access history in the web interface

Postby hdbdh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 am

Hi,

We need to have the history tab in the web interface to get the previous passwords...
Is it possible to have this in the next release??
hdbdh
New user

3 ideas (web module)

Postby hdbdh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 am

Hi,

For the web module:
1) When we look for passwords, in the results we don't how many records match the search criteria. I would be nice to have the count of passwords and the number of pages.

2) In the extended view, the buttons are located at the bottom of the page. As there are 20 items, the vertical scrollbar is always visible. I could be nice to display the buttons at the top and at the bottom, if it can be integrated in the design of the web site.

3) Upload of the embedded file if it is technically feasible.
hdbdh
New user

Return to Passwords Max