Passwords Max 5.51 deletes wrong records

User community discussion group for Passwords Max

Passwords Max 5.51 deletes wrong records

Postby dwsmithacs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

I created a category named \"Delete\" to mark several records that I wanted to delete eventually. Now that enough time has passed and I want to delete them, I sorted on Category (by clicking on the column heading), and highlighting the first record with \"Delete\" as the category. When I press the Delete key, or click on the Delete burron on the screen, some other record gets deleted instead of the highlighted one. I discovered that if I have the list sorted by Description, the highlighted record is deleted. The issue arises when the list is sorted by Category. I have not tried it with other sorts.
dwsmithacs
New user

Postby AuthorDirect » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 am

Which module (eg. main, tray monitor, web) does this occur in?

If it is the main module, which password view (eg. task panel, passwords by category, or tabbed) does this occur in?
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Postby dwsmithacs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm

I am in the main module, tabbed view.
I click on the Category tab to sort the list be category, then press D to go to the first record with a Delete category, and it jumps there properly, and highlights the record that I want to delete.
When I click the Delete button, or press the Delete key, some other record is deleted instead of the one that I have selected.
I am thankful that I had just created a Synchronization file, so was able to re-add the records that were deleted in error.

If I do not sort by Category, then the proper highlighted record is deleted.
I just have to scroll thru the list to locate the ones in the Delete category.
dwsmithacs
New user

Postby dwsmithacs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Also, when a record is deleted (without sorting by category), the record is removed, and the highlight then drops down one line.
This means that the highlight actually skips a record, since if I delete line 4, line 5 now becomes line 4, and the highlight goes to the new line 5 (which was line 6). If I wanted to delete lines 4 and 5, I then have to move the highlight back up to the new line 4 (the old line 5) in order to delete that one.
dwsmithacs
New user

Postby AuthorDirect » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Please try the latest build.
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Re: Passwords Max 5.51 deletes wrong records

Postby dwsmithacs » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I have just renewed my subscription, and tried it now with version 5.84 - it has the same problem that I had with 5.51.

I have a PDF file of screen prints that shows an example of the issue I am having.
How can I get it to you in another way?
Obviously, a Forum is not the place to post logon information.

I have discovered that it is not deleting the wrong records.
BUT, it does skip a record, and also reorders the records wrong after a record is deleted.
dwsmithacs
New user

Return to Passwords Max