Multiple User Access to Database on Network

User community discussion group for Passwords Max

Multiple User Access to Database on Network

Postby mgreenleaf » Mon May 16, 2011 2:12 pm

I have been unsuccessful in getting a network Password Max database accessible by users on 2-3 different workstations.

We have a single company Password Max database. It is currently set up for a single user to access it. (me)
Password Max ver 5.777/5778 is installed on my computer, and the database is in a network folder, where it can be backed up.
I purchased PasswordMax 5 user and am trying to get it set up so the database remains on the network, and myself an up to 2 other users may access it. Not at the same time, but if they should need to, open it.
I imported the existing database into my multi user and got FM3 errors every time. I exported the database to csv, imported it into the multi user Ver. with it stored on my C drive OK. It opened once, after I answered ignor to all the errors.
Using PassMax, i copied it to the network. Now the copied database will not open when I select it. FM3 errors.
I tried the Ignor and no luck.
Can somone tell me how to set this up?

Workstations are all Windows 7. Windows file server ver. 2008.
Thanks, Marc
mgreenleaf
New user

Re: Multiple User Access to Database on Network

Postby AuthorDirect » Tue May 17, 2011 10:38 am

...Was the original installation Passwords Max Standard Edition (1 user) or Passwords Max for Groups?
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Postby mgreenleaf » Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 pm

The original was a single user for myself as I have used your program at home for many years, and I bought the 5 user a week or 2 ago.
I am trying to get 2 other users, 3 total, access to that work password database, which is on the network folder.

I also have a personnal copy with my personal passwords on my computer at home, and I would like to use that on my work computer as well. I have so many accounts with PW's that I cannot remember them all.
mgreenleaf
New user

Postby AuthorDirect » Tue May 17, 2011 5:22 pm

The databases for Personal Edition and Groups Edition are not compatible. It isn't possible to upgrade from a personal copy to a shared version.
AuthorDirect
Site Admin

Return to Passwords Max